Sunday, November 20, 2005

Who benefits from my bitterness?

I endured several years and several times the problem of bitterness. It led me to be angry with my parents, my sister, or else my friends, or even a whole group. I always said that I forgave them, because it was well necessary that I make it if I want to be forgiven by God ("... Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors..."). However, I always maintained bitterness and I have had some hard decisions.
But still, I could not have peace, whereas those who have afflited me were sleeping easy. Then, I asked myself: at last : to whom is it really benefitting? To me? I benefit from it absolutely nothing; to God? He, in all his sovereignty did not punish me for my mistakes; but to whom therefore?... The only alternative is that it is of benefit only to the Demon. It is a big pleasure for him to see me in the chains of disturbance and insomnia.
To overcome it, I asked God with all my strength to take it away and to set me free, just as Jesus said in John 8:36 ("...if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."), and now, I am enjoying the peace of God in my heart. I hope my experience could help many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home